|View printer-friendly version|
Bsquare DataV Proofs-of-Concept (PoC) Establish IoT Use Cases in Multiple Industrial Sectors
Among the use cases DataV has established in industrial environments:
- A manufacturer of equipment for electric utilities can use DataV to provision and manage an array of software applications embedded in large populations of meters spread over dozens of utilities. As more and more intelligence is pushed into these devices, often over narrowband network connections, IoT device management becomes an exceedingly critical aspect of an IoT system.
- A large commercial truck manufacturer can use DataV to improve asset uptime, reduce warranty exposure, drive down service costs, and improve product design. By extracting data from large fleets of trucks, this customer will be able to accurately predict failures before they occur and the repairs required to prevent them. Service technicians can be given precise, data-driven remediation steps and this information can be tied into warranty claims systems ensuring prompt and accurate payments.
- A manufacturer of candy and operator of vending machines is able to use DataV to better manage inventory, ensure jurisdictional tax compliance, increase asset uptime, and reduce service costs. In this case,
Bsquarepartnered with Intel, Microsoft, and Aaeon to deliver an "intelligent vending" solution for a global confectionary company.
What is DataV?
DataV is a complete IoT software stack comprised of modules that can be used together or independently in mixed-vendor implementations. These modules are divided into three categories that align with most complete IoT implementations:
- IoTDeviceEnablement—DataV includes modules for device connectivity but also provides small-footprint, on-board monitor and automate business logic modules in order to ensure optimal device performance in disconnected or response time constrained states. By going beyond simply collecting bits and forwarding them to cloud databases, DataV can reduce bandwidth costs and improve device efficiency.
- Real-timeProcessing—cloud-based versions of the monitor and automate modules provide real-time tracking and rule-based event processing that automate actions and workflows. In most instances, scaling and accuracy requirements make it insufficient to merely display quantitative information on dashboards. What is required is the application of business logic to device data and automatic orchestration of prescribed actions.
- DataAnalytics—DataV also provides holistic, multidomain data analytics and predictive reasoning that can optimize performance and uptime over large sets of devices. In addition to predicting future conditions, DataV analytics can be harnessed to dynamically modify business logic in order to ensure increased accuracy and prevent rules from drifting out of alignment with actual conditions.
For more than two decades,
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bsquare-datav-proofs-of-concept-poc-establish-iot-use-cases-in-multiple-industrial-sectors-300241777.html
Bsquare contact, John Hieger, Bsquare, +1 425.519.5228, firstname.lastname@example.org; Media contact, Leslie Johnson, Engage PR, +1 510.748.8200, Bsquare@engagepr.com; Investor contact, Leslie Phillips, Blueshirt Group, +1 415.489.2189, email@example.com